Overview of MultiClet's Main Achievements
Over the last six months the company specialists have been working on the second multicellular processor, the crystal series P (Performance) and the first microprocessor in the world with the capacity for dynamic reconfiguration, the series R (reconfiguration). Many indicators were improved compared to the first multicellular processor, the MULTICLET P1:
- Twice as much data memory and program memory (increased from 128KB to 256KB);
- It now supports any external FLASH RAM (whereas the first processor required external FLASH RAM- XCF04S, XCF08P, XCF16P, XCF32P);
- Clock speed varies from 100 MHz to 150 MHz;
- Significant increase in capacity: increased from 2.4 GFLOPS to 3.6 GFLOPS;
- The floating point in the new crystal will have double accuracy;
- Faster USB interface (version 2.0);
- Additional controller for access to external memory (SRAM, SDRAM, PROM, I/O);
- With PLL (output frequency 8-16 MHz), and ADC (16 bit, 48 kSPS, 8 channel) and DAC (12 bit, 125 kSPS, 2 channel).
The operating conditions for MULTICLET P2 and MULTICLET R1 multicellular crystal processors include a temperature range which must be from – 40 С° to + 125 С°. Release is scheduled for March 2014.
A new MC DBG plug-in has been developed for IDE Geany. The FreeRTOS operating system has been successfully ported to the MULTICLET P1 processor.
Completion of the work to prepare and release an optimised IC compiler, standard С99 during the final stages.
At present MultiClet is preparing to take part in the international electronics and component exhibition INATRONICS, in Jakarta, Indonesia from 19th to 22nd March 2014, where it will also announce the company's first project for a large B2C user community on kickstarter.com.